Thursday, December 11, 2008

Chipmunk Mechanic


Hope Wideup of Demotte, Indiana, was having trouble starting her car one morning. When she looked under the hood, she saw THOUSANDS of walnuts stuffed in the engine compartment!

Allegedly a rascally chipmunk was sneaking them in over the course of a few weeks while the car sat unused.

"This little guy stuffed a bunch of these nuts in the accelerator throttle," said Wideup, who had to spend $242 for towing and repairs.

"It's funny, but it's not," she said.

Sorry, lady, but I would argue that it IS funny. (Though not for the chipmunk who lost his treasure trove. Poor lil guy!)

Note: This post was delayed because I drew the drawing last night and then couldn't find it today, so I had to draw it again.

me:
i'm so mad, i drew a really good picture of that chipmunk who put the nuts in the car
and then i LOST IT
my pal gary: oh no!
me: i think maybe i threw it away by accident
gary: ah.
me: i'm going to try to recreate it now
gary: well maybe a hobo will find it and be confused or delighted

Hopefully delighted! You're welcome, anonymous hobo.

No comments: