Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Almond-Stuffed Dates wrapped in Bacon


I had these snacky delights at a friend's house on Saturday night. I will admit, I was a little hesitant because of the dates. I have texture issues with dried fruit. But oh man. I'm an idiot. Anything wrapped in bacon is delicious, obvs. And the texture was amazing- crispy bacon, chewy dates, crunchy almonds. Sweet and savory dancing a forbidden waltz.

I am def making these for Thanksgiving. Here's a recipe from Apartment Therapy's food blog, The Kitchn. I almost wish they weren't so easy to make, because now I'm going to want to eat them ALL. THE. TIME.

Tip: Apparently the toothpicks aren't necessary. So if you don't have them on hand or forget to pick them up at the store, proceed anyway!

upDATE: I tried making these on Thanksgiving and it was a total disaster. I should have fried them in a pan instead of baking them in the oven. There was a bacon grease spillover/neverending smoke situation which was somewhat embarrassing.

No comments: