Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Donuts, Diners, and Dale Cooper

Guys, I recently started watching Twin Peaks, and it's amazing (I know, I'm so far behind. Better late than never, though!) . The show is so moving and scary and funny and all those wonderful things, but I can't stop thinking about the amazing color palette and insane early 90's fashion. The show is just BEGGING to be the inspiration for a fall collection.



(I made this little collage on Polyvore, FYI. Super easy and fun!)

Donna is the best. She just wears these huge baggy sweaters in forest green and bright blue and pale pink. And don't even get me started on Audrey. She was dressing like Peggy from Mad Men before Mad Men even EXISTED. Saddle shoes, people!

Here are a few more choice shots that really show off the peaches, pinks, crimsons, mauves and oranges. I love how there's always one pop of a lighter/brighter color in each shot.






And the visual language of the show is so ripe for graphic design interpretation! Some examples:





Those last two posters from UK graphic designer Lindsay J. Haynes are incredible, right?

And last but not least, the Nike SB "Twin Peaks." You can't see it in this pic, but the inside sole of the shoe is the black-and-white zigzag pattern from the Black Lodge.



Conclusion: Twin Peaks is awesome.

Q.E.D.

No comments: